Employer/ Beneficiary: Private institute for water technologies EOOD/ Sofiyska Voda AD
Implementation period: 02/2013 – 07/2015
- Practical proof of an innovative method for WWTP optimization;
- Increasing the capacity of the existing WWTP without the need for additional investment costs related to its expansion;
- Improvement of the technological process – achievement of stable outlet flow parameters at WWTP, in accordance with the current discharge permit without / or with minimal use of additional investment costs, related with the renovation of the WWTP;
- Reduce operating costs by reducing the cost of electrical energy used reagents or work;
- Improved operational practices.
- Project organization, management and reporting
– Survey and analysis of the existing project and operational problems of the WWTP (water line); identify causes; collecting outlet flow parameters on the existing situation; Data processing and analysis;
– Detailed program development for practical application of the innovative method for optimization of WWTP and its energy efficiency, according to the conclusions of the analysis and the method presented in the patent application for the invention.
– Preparation and coordination of the work schedule for necessary research, places of sampling points, types of reagents and overall program implementation for the specific problems of WWTP – Sofia;
– Preparation of introductory, intermediate (monthly) and a final report on reporting activities in the approved plan.
- Staff training (organization and conduct of 4 training seminars);
- Equipment of own laboratory for examination of basic kinetic and other parameters of waste water.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
- Conducting of planned experiments and technical measurements / analyzes – 4 cycles of measurements in different seasons, for one year to determine the respiration (respiration) of the nitrifying biomass, the specific speeds of the nitrification and denitrification processes, the age of the sludge, etc .;
- Preparation of a new optimal instruction manual for WWTP operation in real conditions; prescribing operational measures (short and long term) for optimization of WWTP, depending on the results of the measurements and analyzes; (The resulting kinetic parameters were used for new technological design of the facilities for the biological treatment of the WWTP and determining the respective operating conditions of the equipment and installations);
- Monitoring the implementation of the new WWTP instruction manual under real conditions and analyzing the WWTP optimization, as the amount of electricity consumed and reagents during the respective seasons, compared to previous periods;
- Consideration of the actual percentage of saved operating costs of the WWTP.
PRODUCT PROMOTION ACTIVITIES AND PREPARATION FOR MARKET IMPLEMENTATION
- Technical evaluation of innovation;
- Preparation of financial and economic analysis;
- Market analysis and marketing research;
- Intellectual property protection – registration of an international patent for an invention;
- Visualization and publicity of the project;
- Audit Project.
Investment value of the project: 179 000 € (without VAT)