Employer/ Beneficiary: Hessen Chamber of Engineers Wiesbaden Law Society (IngKH) and Chamber of engineers in the Investment Design – Sofia (CEID)
Partner: University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy
Technical project management: Consultant of SIKOS-uc Ltd., Sofia
Specialized project management: Dipl. Krasimira Kuzmanova, Delphin Project Ecotechnica Ltd. for CEID; Dr. Eng. Horst Schneider for IngKH, in collaboration with Eng. Vera Hekerot, German Water Management, Waste Water and Waste Society – Union of Hessen-Rheinland-Pfalz- Saarland (DWA), Mainz
Examining Committee: Prof. Dr. Rumen Arsov, Prof. Dr. Ivan Sekulov,
Dipl.-Eng. Krasimira Kuzmanova
Sponsors: German Environmental Foundation (DBU), Osnabruck,
Implementation period: 10/2009 – 02/2010
The main objective of the project is to continue the development of knowledge about the methods of wastewater treatment and their proper selection, to solve real environmental problems at the local and regional level. To improve the qualification of teachers and others who take courses in this specific field.
- Promotion of the laboratory established at the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG) and its “training capacity”.
- Organizing a training course for training participants from Bulgaria; Training measures will be implemented in two phases:
– Training of teachers in this specific field;
– Training of the future operational staff of the decentralized sewage systems and WWTP, as well as of the employees of the Municipalities, the Basin Directorates, the water supply companies (local operators), and others.
Scope of services:
- Selection of participants for a water treatment training course;
- Organization of the first phase – one-week training seminar: lecture block, visit to a treatment plant, as well as moderation of the seminar panels (19/01/2009 – 23/01/2009); presented over 20 reports by German specialists with many years of experience in water management;
- Publication and distribution of information materials;
- Preparation, production, and issuance of guidance for the second phase – technological practice (from 01/2010 to 03/2010);
- Second phase – technological practice for 30 participants from all over the country (from 08/03/2010 to 12/03/2010);
– Theoretical part
= Introduction to the practicum. Basic concepts for modular research (scale-up), their importance for determination of kinetic sizing parameters, optimization of constructed sewage treatment plants and verification of projects, sized with model programs;
= Technology of wastewater treatment processes;
= Conventional treatment schemes. Trends for new developments;
= Determination of the treatment capacity of existing facilities and systems under specific conditions;
= Research using laboratory models and technical prototype facilities (validity of results – Laws of Similarity).
– Practical part
= Theoretical and production-technological basis, instruments, materials, arrangement and planning of experiments;
= Conducting experiments and recording the results;
= Preparation/completion of the documentation (protocols) of the experiments and submission to the examination committee.
- Preparation of exam materials for the participants
- Conducting the examination, evaluating the results of the exam and awarding the certificates;
Investment value of the project: 115 000 € (without VAT)