Employer/ Beneficiary: The Hessen Chamber of Engineers (IngKH), Germany
Implementation period: 07/2010 – 11/2010
In 2005/2006, under the direction of the Ministry of Environment, Energy, Agriculture and Consumer Protection of Hessen – Germany, was developed a twinning project in the field of wastewater treatment (WFD-Danube- Bulgaria ”BG2003 / IB / EN / 02). The result is that the effluents from small settlements (≤ 2000 PE) in practice also make a significant contribution to polluting water bodies. This problem is still present for the Bulgarian municipalities, whose settlements are less than 2000 PE, as most of them are with unresolved sewage network and without further wastewater treatment.
On this basis, the current project is a further development of the “twinning” project, on the one hand, defining a pilot region of three settlements for proving its results, and on the other, it is a follow-up phase of the project “Implementation of decentralized wastewater treatment in Bulgaria”, funded and managed by the “Chamber of Engineers”- Hessen (IngKH) in cooperation with the German Environmental Foundation, CEID-Sofia City and UACEG-Sofia.
Various technological schemes were examined during the project in order to compare their efficiency and applicability, such as: conventional modular WWTPs, modified artificial wetlands and others.
Scope of services:
- Feasibility study for the villages of Cherniche, Poleto and Poleto, containing:
– Review of the existing situation;
– Legal analysis;
– Climatic and meteorological data for the area of the settlement;
– Data on the existing situation and design requirements for the structure of the territory of the settlement;
– Need for investment;
– Clarification of the investment intent and description of the planned activities;
– Justification of the social relevance and effectiveness of the investment initiative;
– Studies to determine the availability of local facilities for the extraction and delivery of the building materials site;
– Studies on the potential of the territories with special and preventive developmental protection in relation to the regimes for the conservation of the territories for nature conservation and the objects of cultural and historical heritage;
– Engineering studies, incl. geodetic survey of WWTP sites and collector route, geological, geotechnical and hydrogeological studies;
– Water supply network – existing situation;
– Sewerage network – existing situation;
– Wastewater treatment plants; Identification of possible agglomerations; Technological schemes – options; Dimensioning;
– Preparation of bill of quantity; determination of the price of 1 m3 of purified water; Option analysis;
– Project schedule for the implementation of the project activities envisaged.
Investment value of the project: 2 780 400 € (without VAT)