Employer/ Beneficiary: Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC for CEE), Local Office Bulgaria
Partner: University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG), Sofia
Implementation period: 04/2001 – 03/2013
The training courses are organized as special courses for the further qualification of engineers working in the field. They enable participants to get acquainted with the latest developments in water treatment processes and facilities.
Three trainings were conducted as follows:
- One for Bulgarian experts only February 16-24 2002;
- Two international training with participants from Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Romania and FYR Macedonia (now North Macedonia): November 10-15, 2002 and March 9-14, 2003;
Scope of services:
- Preparation and presentation of lectures explaining the exercises and instructions for each experience;
- Preparation of a guide for conducting the planned experiments;
- Preparation of six laboratory installations for the conduct of the experiments, on the following main topics:
– Measuring respiratory activities (endogenic respiration, influence of wastewater concentration and inhibitor concentration):
– Measurement of oxygen dissolution in activated sludge (continuous method) and in flowing water (interrupted method);
– Measurement of real-time by markers (reactors fixed biomass);
– Filtration (surface filtration, filter resistance, chemical condensation);
– Flotation (pressure flotation using reagents at pH variations);
– Flocculation with sedimentation (sedimentation velocity, sludge index, chemical reagents, removal of turbidity, optimizing dosage of chemicals).
- Conducting experiments and reporting their results;
- Give of certificates to participants.